In the last week, Pokémon Go – the latest virtual reality game from international software giant Nintendo – has drawn increased foot traffic to Augusta University. (More about that here.)
Visitors are welcome at all of Augusta University’s three local campuses, but to ensure our patients receive the best quality care experience possible, we ask that all community and student visitors to the Health Sciences Campus in particular please be considerate of the following guidelines regarding patient safety and privacy:
- Refrain from entering the Augusta University Medical Center or Children’s Hospital of Georgia facilities unless visiting a patient or loved one or seeking treatment.
- Refrain from sharing patient information, intentionally or otherwise. A screenshot of the game inside patient treatment areas could inadvertently capture protected health information and would be a violation of HIPAA regulations.
- Maintain appropriate noise levels while on campus by limiting music, turning off sound effects in the game, or refraining from shouting.
For the personal safety of visitors to campus, we also ask that you:
- Mind all traffic rules and regulations while on campus, making sure to obey traffic and pedestrian signals.
- Mind all posted signage related to construction, security or other safety restrictions. Several areas on campus, particularly the Health Sciences campus, are activate construction zones. Please be mindful and navigate accordingly.
- Refrain from entering on-campus buildings unless previously permitted to do so for the purposes of either employment, education or treatment.
While you’re out, have fun, but remember to stay safe, stay hydrated and stay alert. Also, remember to share your recent on-campus catches with us on social media using the hashtag #PokemonGoJags! Good luck and happy hunting, trainers!