This program is designed to promote professional and personal growth for early-career or aspiring professionals who are currently not in managerial roles, but aspire to be in the future.
“Human Resources is excited to offer a professional development program focused on the growth and development of those who seek to advance Augusta University and create a career experience like no other,” said Susan Norton, vice president of Human Resources.
This 9-week program will include weekly sessions hosted on Wednesdays both in person and on Microsoft Teams. There will be 12 cohort members selected (six from Augusta University and six from AU Health), and the program begins Sept. 27 and ends Dec. 1.
Topics covered in this series will include:
- Session 1: Communicating Your Professional Presence
- Session 2: Understanding Your Emotional Intelligence
- Session 3: Enhancing Your Communication and Presentation Skills
- Session 4: Managing Your Tasks and Time for Successful Project Management!
- Session 5: Understanding Your Communication Style and Identifying Your Style Under Stress
- Session 6: Understanding the Business of Higher Education & Academic Medicine
- Session 7: Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Any manager interested in nominating a member of their team should review the program guidelines and complete the nomination form in Qualtrics by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 8. Note that the employee’s manager must submit the nomination; self- or peer-nominations are not accepted.