The Augusta University Faculty Club has awarded five $2,500 scholarships to students from each of the university’s health sciences colleges for the next academic year. Exceptional applicants are chosen based on three criteria: financial need, academic promise and service to others.
Scholarship awardees are:
- Chase Jed Pendley, College of Allied Health Sciences
- Alec Christopher Davila, The Graduate School
- Kaska Nezafat, The Dental College of Georgia
- Sunny Patel, Medical College of Georgia
- Shana Sowell, College of Nursing
Faculty Club members have raised money for scholarships through fundraising events, donation campaigns and memorial gifts for over four decades. Their efforts have paved the way for many outstanding students to pursue careers in health care.
This year’s scholarship committee co-chairs, Carol Giardina and Dr. Pamela Hayward, worked with club members Dr. Carol Lapp, Donna Trainor, Barbara Riffle and Monica Dainer to select the scholarship awardees.