In events like these, information changes quickly, and it’s important that employees, students, their parents and patients know about those changes as soon as they happen. That’s why we’ve created a web resource dedicated to news and updates about the coronavirus COVID-19.
Following us here ensures you’ll have the latest guidance from experts in the field and updates relevant to our institution, without having to wait for traditional announcements through email and television.
If there is a true emergency, we need to make sure we can reach you where you are. The best way to do that is through the JagAlert system, which sends an emergency notification to your telephone line. We encourage you to update your emergency contact information at augusta.edu/cepar/alert.
To recap, here’s what you can expect:
- Coronavirus page/Jagwire: Your go-to source for the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, resources for providers and news coverage from around the community.
- Social media channels: Major updates will appear here after being posted to Jagwire.
- Email: Routine newsletter updates with the latest coverage from our coronavirus resource page and updates requiring you to take immediate action, such as a campus closure or reopening.
- Web banner: If we close campus or are experiencing a catastrophic event, a banner will appear on our homepage directing you to more information.
- JagAlert: You will receive a text and/or phone call to the number included in the Jag Alert system if a situation becomes dangerous or requires you to take immediate action.
You can never be too prepared. Please take this time to review your personal emergency preparedness plans. We encourage you to use caution and follow your instincts. We want to keep everyone in our community informed and safe.