If you haven’t already made the switch, the new wireless network – AU-Secure – is available across the organization for you to join. The new network functions identically to the GR-Secure network, but includes enhancements that will provide a more reliable and consistent network experience.
What do I need to do right now?
- Go into the settings on your personal mobile devices and “forget” the old GR-Secure network before attempting to connect to AU-Secure.
- Next select the AU-Secure wireless network from the list of available networks and login using your NetID and password. This is the same user ID and password you use to login to the old network.
- For step-by-step instructions, visit augusta.edu/au-secure (you’ll need to type this into your browser).
When will GR-Secure stop working?
- The two networks will operate concurrently until July 14 after which the GR-Secure network will be retired.
Do I need to change the wireless network for all of the equipment in my department?
- Information Technology staff will be making the change to AU-owned equipment that is not assigned to individual employees. You simply need to update any laptops, tablets or smartphones that are personally assigned to you and/or devices personally owned by you.
Why are we making this change?
- First, this allows us to make some important back end changes to improve functionality and provide a smoother wireless network experience, especially when moving from building to building. Second, this aligns our network name more closely with the Augusta University brand identity.
If you have any questions or would like more information, contact the Information Technology Help Desk at (706)721-4000 or (706)721-7500.