The Augusta University Police Department wishes you a safe, happy and peaceful holiday season. Take these basic precautions to ensure you and your family remain safe and injury free throughout the season. Report all suspicious persons and activity immediately to the Augusta University Police Department at 706-721-2911.
- Secure doors when away from the office and lock purses, wallets and p-cards in a file cabinet or desk.
- Shop during daylight hours whenever possible. If you must shop at night, go with a friend or family member.
- Keep wallets and handbags in eyesight. Don’t leave handbags or shopping bags behind you. Place them in front of you where you can see them.
- Store your packages in the trunk of your car and have your keys ready when returning to your vehicle.
- When shopping online, purchase goods from only those websites that you know to be legitimate. Check with the Better Business Bureau if unsure.
- Check your credit card statements regularly to ensure there’s no unauthorized activity.
- Do not put personal information or photos on your webpage, and do not give personal information that can identify where you live to social networking sites.
Do you know about the RAVE Guardian App?
In today’s age of technology, we rely on our cell phones more and more each day. With RAVE Guardian, we’re taking that reliance to a new level by placing an emergency phone in your pocket. With the free app, students and faculty can make calls to Augusta University Police and local 911. Download today in the App Store or on Google Play. Select “Augusta University” as the school / agency and fill out your user profile.