Nurses are an integral part of the fight against COVID-19 at Augusta University Health and around the world. This makes it an especially good year to honor nurses during National Nurses Week.
Businesses around the Augusta area are offering special deals for all nurses over the next week. Here are just a few:
- Cinnabon – Each nurse can receive one free cinnamon roll between May 6-12.
- Dunkin‘ – Free coffee and doughnut for all frontline health care workers on May 6.
- BP – All frontline health care workers can take 50 cents off per gallon of gasoline.
- Krispy Kreme – One free dozen doughnuts for all frontline health care workers on May 11.
- H&R Block – Tax Pro Go allows frontline health care workers to file federal and state taxes with no fee.
- McDonald’s – Free meals offered to frontline health care workers.
- Outback Steakhouse – 10% off to all frontline health care workers.
- Starbucks – A free tall brewed coffee for all frontline health care workers until the end of May.
The American Nurses Association is celebrating nurses for the entire month of May. Globally, the nursing profession is celebrating a milestone in 2020, as the World Health Organization declares it the International Year of the Nurse and Midwife in honor of the 200th anniversary of the birth of Florence Nightingale.