Today’s work environment is composed of many different cultures. Employers of choice truly value and appreciate the differences their employees bring to the organization. The more cultural differences and generational differences are valued and appreciated, the more successful an organization will become.
Cultural and generational differences can also cause difficulty in the work environment for some people. Never before has there been such a diversity of generations in the workforce. Four distinct, age-based cohorts coexist in the workplace. Each has different values, attitudes, expectations, needs, and motivations, all of which can make it more challenging to manage and integrate into a corporate culture.
This session will provide tools to enable participants to gain a better understanding of multicultural and generational differences to enhance communication and overall success on both a personal and professional level.
• Identify and discuss multicultural differences found in the workplace
• Discuss the four generations found in the workplace today
• Discuss methods for enhancing communications with people from different cultures to promote a greater understanding within the work team and the organization
• Discuss methods for enhancing communications with people from different generations to promote a greater understanding within the work team and the organization
• Discuss benefits of understanding and promoting cultural and generational awareness to you as a manager, the people you manage/supervise, and the organization
This course is intended for all levels of GRU and GRHealth managers/supervisors. The course will begin on June 24 at 1 p.m. and end at 4 p.m. in Room: BC 130
For more information, contact Wanda O’Brien at (706) 721-4054