Awards season for higher education communications and marketing is in full swing, and Augusta University is being recognized for excellence in areas ranging from media campaigns to campaign microsites to advertising campaigns.
In fact, Augusta University’s “Be Boundless” campaign won Judge’s Choice in the 2018 Collegiate Advertising Awards in the category “Total Advertising Campaigns.”
The Judge’s Choice award is presented to division winners receiving a perfect score from the judges, and AU’s Be Boundless campaign was the only entry to receive Judge’s Choice in that category. The elite national program received more than 900 entries from across the United States.
“We are excited about this prestigious recognition of a lot of hard and creative work,” said Jack Evans, vice president of the Division of Communications and Marketing. “The Be Boundless campaign was the product of an effective collaboration among AU’s marketing and admissions professionals and university leadership, as well as Wier Stewart, our local advertising agency. Partnerships across our university ensured the campaign’s success.”
As of fall 2018, applications and acceptance rates are at an all-time high.
The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) announced its awards last month. In 2016, when A., Augusta University’s Alumni Magazine, underwent a total re-design, it was given an Award of Excellence in the Most Improved category. This year, A. was recognized as one of the top five magazines in the Southeast for an institution its size, putting us in the company of Duke University and Wake Forest. The newly redesigned AU digital magazine site also won an Award of Excellence.
Communications and marketing awards to date:
2018 Collegiate Advertising Awards
- Judge’s Choice for Total Advertising Campaign (Be Boundless)
2018 Education Digital Marketing Awards
- SILVER – Total Marketing Program: Augusta University Cyber Digital Campaign
- GOLD – Blog Sites: JagNation Student Life Blog Site
- GOLD – Social Media Hub: Augusta University Social Media Hub
- BRONZE – Social Media: Social Media Content
CASE District III Awards
- Award of Excellence – Augusta University Digital Magazines
- Special Merit – #AUGEclipse Media Relations Campaign
- Special Merit – A. Augusta University’s Alumni Magazine
- Special Merit – CHOG 20th Anniversary Microsite