The replacement of the main electrical switch gear in the Central Energy Plant may cause brief, intermittent power outages in Augusta University Medical Center beginning over the next several days.
The transfers are anticipated to take place at 10 p.m., and during this time, there may be brief, intermittent power outages in the hospital as live electrical loads are transferred. This will affect normal power only; emergency power will not be affected.
The transfer start times are approximate and will depend on caseload in the hospital.
Simply put, a switchgear is an electrical distribution system made up of disconnect switches, fuses or circuit breakers used to control electrical equipment.
- The outage will affect the Talmadge (BA), Sydenstricker (BI), CCC/MOB (BP) and CHOG (BT) buildings
- Brief power outages of 1-5 minutes per building
- All emergency (red) outlets and lights will have power during the outage
- Facilities will check with all floors and critical areas in each building prior to each outage
- Facilities will have staff on the patient floors during the brief outages
- Hospital staff will be notified via overhead paging system prior to each outage
- Facilities will make sure all systems are back to normal operation after each outage
- If you need any assistance during this time, call 1-WORK (1-9675)
Contact Jimmy Taylor for more information.