If you plan to travel, participate in gatherings or receive guests in your home during the holiday season, Augusta University reminds you to stay vigilant in the fight against COVID-19.
Travel and gatherings increase your risk of getting and spreading COVID-19, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The 3 Ws: wear, wait and wash
The most important steps to take are the 3 Ws:
- WEAR: Wear a mask to keep your nose and mouth covered when in public settings, including on public transportation and in transportation hubs such as airports and stations.
- WAIT: Wait a distance of at least 6 feet apart to avoid close contact with anyone who is not in your household.
- WASH: Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol).
In addition, the CDC advises the following:
- Don’t travel if you are sick.
- Don’t travel with someone who is sick.
- Don’t travel if you have been around someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- In addition, avoid contact with anyone who may be sick, and do your best to avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid hotspots.
- For more information on COVID-19 prevention, reporting and response at Augusta University, please visit the Campus COVID-19 Resources page.
Please enjoy the upcoming holidays, and celebrate responsibly to protect yourself, your family and friends, and the entire Jaguar Nation.