May 9-15 is National Hospital Week and Augusta University Health System is “Celebrating the Year of Healing.”
AU Health is joining the American Hospital Association in its celebration of hope and healing while acknowledging those who help support the community’s health during Augusta University Health System Week. The week will feature a theme each day to celebrate employees.
Gratitude — Monday, May 10: Leaders will express gratitude to our caregivers for a job well done through all they have faced this year.
Pride — Tuesday, May 11: Employees will receive T-shirts to show our pride. AU Health System Week shirts are designed by one of our very own. This design was selected from 60 employee submissions and features hands and hearts united by a joint purpose to save lives and win against COVID-19, together. A team of judges selected the winning design, which was submitted by Pam Culberson-Brown, Manager, Patient Service Center, who received $250 for her award-winning design. Second place and $150 went to Ashlynn Ward, Ambulatory Nurse Manager, and third place and $100 went to Ashley Reynolds, Blue Coat Ambassador.
- T-shirt distribution is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Auditoria Center Lobby.
- Pet therapy for staff will be offered from 10-11 a.m.
- May 11-13 brings the $6 Spring Fashion Accessories sale to Professional Office Building I.
- An Employee Affinity Group will be announced as part of our diversity, equity and inclusion strategy.
Gift of time – Wednesday, May 12: Today is about much needed “me time” as we promote self-care opportunities and recognize the importance of the gift of time during “My Day” or “MDay.” Staff say “time” is the greatest healing gift of all.
- For MDay, the health system is offering drawings for spa and other gift cards and promoting the AU employee discount program.
- Twenty-four employees — one randomly selected per hour during MDay — will receive the gift of PTO. These employees are to be announced May 12 and additional PTO will be added to their PTO bank to use at their discretion.
- Comfort food is a special part of MDay! Rita’s Italian Ice truck will be in front of the Children’s Hospital of Georgia from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., serving mango, blue raspberry, strawberry lemonade or sugar-free dragon fruit treats.
- Plan to shop at DSW with a 20% discount on May 13-14.
Fellowship — Thursday, May 13: Celebrate fellowship as we gather for our traditional cookout, safely distanced, at the Terrace green space, Medical Office Building (MOB) and Roosevelt Warm Springs. Practice sites are included in the celebration in a special way, as are our valued evening shift. Lots of fun is in store with hot dogs, chips, drinks and ice cream as well as lawn games, music, photo booths and pet therapy for staff during the afternoon cookout from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Appreciation — Friday, May 14: Words alone cannot express appreciation for all that our employees have done to support our patients, families and each other this year.