Jaguar Nation is back to take on a new school year, and Augusta University is kicking off the fall semester with the Weeks of Welcome from Aug. 13- Sept. 18, which are filled with events for new and returning students.
Below are some of the week’s notable events:
- 11 a.m.- 1 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 14, on the Summerville and Health Sciences Campuses.
- Need a refreshing drink? Stop by the one of the Lemonade Brigade Tables staffed by student leaders, staff and faculty members for a cool cup of lemonade or water.
Taste of Augusta
- 11 a.m.- 1 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 20, at the D. Douglas Barnard Jr. Amphitheatre
- New to campus? Or still learning about Augusta? Come out and get a “taste” of Augusta in one stop! Taste of Augusta is an interactive event that allows local businesses and university departments to promote their services and build relationships with new and returning students. The event also provides a way to learn about available opportunities for Augusta University students.
Student Night with the GreenJackets
- 7:05 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 24, at SRP Park
- Watch the Augusta GreenJackets take on the Lexington Legends and enjoy a free fireworks show. Up to 100 free tickets will be given away to Augusta University and East Georgia State University students.
For more information visit the Weeks of Welcome site for a complete rundown of events.