Augusta University continues to strive for a traditional on-campus experience that mirrors our commitment to the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff. We believe campus engagement can occur safely and within the current guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Georgia Department of Public Health, state of Georgia and the University System of Georgia.
“Thanks to the diligence of Jaguar Nation, cases of COVID-19 on campus continue to remain low this semester. I appreciate your ongoing adherence to safety guidelines, including the three W’s: wear a mask, wash your hands and watch your distance,” said Augusta University President Brooks A. Keel, PhD. “Our updated event protocol offers guidelines for employees to safely connect on campus as we continue to navigate our ‘new normal.’ I’m grateful to all of you for showing you care about the safety of our community.”
For student events
Guidelines for student events remain unchanged. In-person events, on campus and off campus, for students that are held outside of classroom instruction must follow the student event protocol. If the event is recruitment related, it must be planned and approved in accordance with the student recruitment protocol. This includes events hosted by student organizations as well as departments across the institution. Please submit your event at least two weeks in advance to ensure details of our health and safety plan are included.
For employee events
Employees should use the updated employee event protocol to plan events. A summary of the changes included in the updated employee protocol are detailed below.
Updates and reminders about event protocol include the following:
- When planning indoor events, capacity must be limited to room occupancy rates, or up to 50 people, whichever is less, with space for social distancing.
- Outdoor events are limited to 50 people, with social distancing enforced.
- Individuals can participate in off-campus events with appropriate safety precautions.
- On-campus events must be affiliated with a university group.
- Guests from the community may visit campus for events hosted by the university.
- All food must be packaged to go.
While virtual meetings should continue to be the default option, we understand that certain essential work-related travel is sometimes necessary for employees. The updated protocols also include essential travel guidance:
- In-state travel must be approved by your college’s dean or other member of the President’s Cabinet.
- Out-of-state travel must be approved by your department’s executive vice president.
- No international travel will be approved, unless approved by the Provost and President.
- Those traveling must follow quarantine guidelines upon return.
In summary, to determine the appropriate protocol to follow, consider your audience:
|Students||Student Event Protocol|
|Prospective students||Student Recruitment Protocol|
|Employees/outside visitors||Employee Event Protocol|
Please continue to stay up to date on the latest news on our COVID-19 resource page.