During the fifth-annual Values Week from Nov. 7-13, Augusta University is celebrating its six core values — collegiality, compassion, excellence, inclusivity, integrity and leadership — with a week of events.
This celebration coincides with the University System of Georgia’s Ethics Awareness Week.
In addition to the week’s events, the university will host a blanket drive to benefit the Center for Patients and Families at Augusta University Health. New, store-bought blankets can be dropped off at the Greenblatt or Reese libraries as well as Annex I from Nov. 1-22.
Additionally, from Nov. 7-11, Reese Library will host a book display in celebration of disability awareness. Displayed books will cover disability rights, disability advocacy, disability organizations and feature authors who have disabilities and write about their experiences.
This year’s Values Week event calendar includes:
Monday, Nov. 7
- Jag Pride Day (for students), 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Locations: Jaguar Student Activities Center Breezeway and outside of the Health Sciences Student Center
- University System of Georgia Chancellor’s Chat, 11 a.m. to noon. Location: Microsoft Teams
- Research Compliance Town Hall: “Does This Policy Apply to Me?”, noon to 1 p.m. Location: Microsoft Teams
Tuesday, Nov. 8
- “Not Without You” Presentation by Brennan Francois, 9-10 a.m. Location: Microsoft Teams
- Summerville Friendsgiving (for students), 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Location: D. Douglas Barnard Jr. Amphitheatre
- Ethics by Plinko, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Location: D. Douglas Barnard Jr. Amphitheatre
- Screening of The SixTripleEight, 3:30-5 p.m. Location: Coffeehouse of the Jaguar Student Activities Center
Wednesday, Nov. 9
- Health Sciences Friendsgiving, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Location: Bank of America Plaza (grassy plaza between Science and Mathematics building and J. Harold Harrison, M.D. Education Commons)
- Ethics by Plinko, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Location: Bank of America Plaza
- JagFirst: First Generation Celebration Week, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Location: Patio of the Jaguar Student Activities Center
Thursday, Nov. 10
- A Retrospective of Civil Rights for People with Disabilities, 10-11 a.m. Location: Microsoft Teams
- USG Best Practices Panel: Steering an Ethical Culture Through Rapid Change and The Great Resignation, 11 a.m. to noon. Location: Zoom. Register for the webinar online.
- Time with Title IX: 50 Years and Counting, 1-2 p.m. Location: Microsoft Teams