The Augusta University Employee Advisory Council has announced the winners of the 2021 EAC Awards.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the nominees and winners have been recognized on the Employee Recognition Awards website in lieu of an in-person event.
Clay Adamson Award – Catherine Jackson, Environmental Services Technician, Facilities Management
- This award recognizes excellent job performance by a Division of Facilities Services employee.
James A. & Erie P. Blissit Award – Dawn Gantt, DCG Dean’s Office Coordinator, The Dental College of Georgia
- This award honors an employee who performs outstanding administrative support services and promotes a positive image for Augusta University.
Golden Pen Award – Dr. Gokila Dorai, Assistant Professor, School of Computer and Cyber Sciences
- This award recognizes an employee who has reached a significant level of achievement and excellence in both their professional career and in their promotion of Augusta University and AU Health by publishing and/or presenting outside Augusta University.
Hospital Quality Award – Christy Forehand, Critical Care Clinical Pharmacist, AU Health Pharmacy
- This award recognizes an individual who significantly impacts the care AU Health provides to patients and families by consistently promoting a culture of quality.
Teamwork Award – Instructional Design Team (including Stacy Kluge, Arthur Takahashi and Jenn Rose)
- This award recognizes a high-performing team that models open communication, trust, cooperation and respect for differences by building effective and collaborative relationships to accomplish organizational goals.
Service Excellence Award – Shelby Watkins, Nurse Navigator/Asthma Educator, Outpatient Allergy
- This award recognizes an employee who shows outstanding performance and service to the Augusta University community through exemplary interactions with fellow employees, students, patients and their families.
SPIRIT Award – Fatima Desamito, Senior Licensed Practical Nurse, Women’s Health
- This award recognizes an individual who embodies the values of Augusta University and AU Health. It honors someone who consistently sets the ethical bar high in managing resources, making daily decisions and delivering service.