Augusta University celebrated its third annual day of giving, Augusta Gives, on April 20 raising $1,491,913 from 426 donors during the crowdfunded, social media-driven campaign.
“During this extraordinary time, your gifts mean more than you know, especially to our No. 1 priority — our students and our patients,” said Augusta University President Brooks A. Keel, PhD. “You have made Augusta Gives a day like no other for a university like no other, and we thank you.”
The largest gift — $1 million — was pledged by Mason McKnight III and his wife Lou. The gift will lead the support of creating a new baseball and softball facility on the Forest Hills Campus of Augusta University. Additional information about the McKnight’s commitment and the project will be shared at a later date.
Other notable gifts to this year’s campaign include:
- Maureen Bravo, Dr. Maureen Bravo Nursing Scholarship
- Chad Cook, Men’s Basketball
- Al and Mrs. Yvette Harris, Harris-Horizon Jazz Program, Alvin & Yvette Harris Scholarship, Men’s Basketball and Hull College of Business Dean’s Fund
- Beth NeSmith and Ms. Martha Hawkins, Marguerite Stark Stelling Leadership Award
- Lisa Prince-Clark, Yolanda Coar Nursing Scholarship
- Susan Pritchett, Peter M. Pritchett, M.D. & Susan F. Pritchett Fund and Peter M. Pritchett, M.D. & Susan F. Pritchett Professor of Ophthalmology
Activities during the day included coin wars by student groups, intercampus competitions to earn bonus funding and power hours dedicated to particular academic, athletic and health care areas.
The goal of Augusta Gives is to encourage the community, alumni, friends, donors, retirees, employees and students to give at any level to impactful projects within Augusta University’s colleges, units, health system and athletics programs.
Learn more about Augusta Gives.