It is also a fitting time to announce our faculty who made the Castle Connolly 2019 list of America’s Top Doctors this year, which designates physicians in the top 1 percent of their field in the nation. Those physicians are:
- Dr. Jorge Cortes* – Hematology
- Dr. Sharad Ghamande* – Gynecologic Oncology
- Dr. David Hess – Neurology
- Dr. Anand Jillella* – Medical Oncology
- Dr. Annette Johnson – Neuroradiology
- Dr. D. Doug Miller – Cardiovascular Disease
- Dr. Walter Moore – Rheumatology
- Dr. Julian Nussbaum – Ophthalmology
- Dr. Gregory Postma – Otolaryngology
- Dr. Satish Rao – Gastroenterology
- Dr. Sandra Sexson – Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Dr. Robert Sorrentino – Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Dr. David Terris* – Otolaryngology
- Dr. Martha Terris* – Urology
- Dr. Jack Yu – Plastic Surgery
The asterisks by the names of Drs. Cortes, Ghamande, Jillella, and Drs. David and Martha Terris, indicate that these faculty have also been named to the list of America’s Top Doctors for Cancer.
From developing some of the first oral contraceptives to pioneering telemedicine technologies for faster stroke intervention, doctors at Augusta University and its historic Medical College of Georgia have long been recognized as leaders in discovery, innovation and patient care.
From 2000-2018, AU Medical Center is the only local hospital to have its physicians ranked among the top 1 percent in the nation and included in the prestigious list of America’s Top Doctors.
Additionally, more than 60 Augusta University physicians are among the top doctors in the region, according to the Castle Connolly website.
One of several national patient reference guides published by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., the America’s Top Doctors online database and companion book designates physicians who are regarded by their peers and other health care leaders as among the very best in their field for specific diseases and medical techniques. Doctors do not and cannot pay to be included in any Castle Connolly guide or online directory.