New wayfinding signs at Augusta University Medical Center make navigating the hospital easier than ever before.
Temporary signage is in the process of being installed during wall preparation, with permanent signage to follow. The signs provide clear and distinct guidance to public spaces for patients, families and guests by displaying directions to unit areas, elevator banks, restrooms and patient rooms, etc.
As part of this wayfinding initiative, building names and entrances have been updated to remain consistent throughout the medical center. Employees should begin using the new identifiers in staff and patient interactions.
- South entrance is now Entrance A
- West entrance is now Entrance B
- Harper Street staff entrance is now Entrance C
- Harper Street walk-in same day care entrance is now Entrance D
- Emergency Department entrance is Entrance E
- Medical Office Building entrance is Entrance F
Maps have been updated and offer interactive features to assist staff, patients and families.