As COVID-19 cases rise nationwide, it is important to protect yourself and your loved ones during the upcoming winter break. In addition to following the 3 W’s — wear a mask, wash your hands and watch your distance — the Centers for Disease Control has also issued guidance for lowering your risk for exposure if gathering or traveling this holiday season.
While you are away:
- Limit visits to small groups with at least six feet of distance.
- Avoid potluck-style gatherings; encourage guests to bring food and drinks for themselves and members of their household.
- Require guests to wear a mask.
When you return:
- Continue Practicing our 3 W’s.
- Carefully review our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Familiarize yourself with reporting protocols.
- Stay at home if you feel sick or have symptoms of COVID-19.
We look forward to your safe return in January and want to thank you for your ongoing efforts to keep yourself and your community safe. On behalf of the university, we wish you and your loved ones a happy and healthy holiday season.