It’s that time of year! Open Enrollment for AU Medical Center benefits starts on Sunday, October 1, and ends on at midnight Sunday, October 15, 2017.
As in past years, this is an active open enrollment. Even if you want to keep your current plans the same, you will need to complete the Open Enrolment process through the employee self-service (ESS) website, or you could lose some of your current benefit elections. For example:
- Anyone participating in a flexible spending (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) must elect and enter their annual contribution amount for 2018.
- Anyone who is tobacco-free will need to attest, or confirm previous attestation. If the attestation is not completed the tobacco surcharge will be added to you premium.
- If your spouse is on your health plan, you also need to complete, or confirm a previous Spousal Surcharge attestation.
Human Resources wants to make sure you have all the information you need to make the best benefits choices for you and your family. To provide you with information and updates on what’s new for 2018 we are offering benefit forums in the Lee Auditoria Center during the month of September.
Our Annual Employee Benefits Fair, where employees can meet with vendors and have the opportunity to ask questions, will be held on September 28.
Communication materials will be mailed out over the next week but if you’d like a preview of 2018 benefit programs, visit the open enrollment page on PAWS.
Calendar of Events
Benefits Open Enrollment Period
- Open Enrollment begins Sunday, October 1 and ends at midnight Sunday, October 15.
Benefit Forums in the Lee Auditorium, BC 1040
- September 19th, at 9:00 a.m.
- September 20th at 1:00 p.m.
- September 25th at 1:00 p.m.
- September 26th at 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Benefit Fair in the CHOG Conference Center, BT-1810
- Thursday, September 28, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.