By Giovanna Fabbri
Warm up other’s heart with your good heart
Millions of Americans live with some heart disease, stroke or cardiovascular condition. According to American Heart Association studies, 2,200 Americans die each day because of cardiovascular problems. Cardiovascular disease is also the leading global cause of death, accounting for more than 17 million cases per year.
Because of that, groups from the Augusta University Biomedical Student Association, Cardiothoracic Surgery and the Augusta University Graduate School are offering three different ways to raise funds for the American Heart Association.
Art for Heart by the Biomedical Student Association
– Art sale and live music
– Feb. 17, 7-9 p.m. & Feb. 18, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
– The Book Tavern, downtown
Raffle for LuLaRoe OS Valentine leggings by Cardiothoracic Surgery
– 1 ticket: $5
– 2 tickets: $8
– Drawing: Feb. 10, 3 p.m.
– Last day to buy: by 1 p.m., Feb. 10
50/50 Raffle by The Graduate School
– 1 ticket: $2
– 3 tickets: $5
– Drawing: second week of March
– 50 percent of the proceeds in donations for the American Heart Association and 50 percent to the raffle winner
– To purchase, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-721-3278