As part of Education Day, the Educational Innovation Institute will honor an individual who has disseminated innovative, peer reviewed health sciences scholarship during the last calendar year. This award helps to fulfill EII’s commitment to encouraging and facilitating high quality health sciences educational scholarship at Augusta University.
The honoree will receive $100 and a certificate of recognition for this scholarship on Education Day, March 24.
The EII Health Sciences Education Scholarship Award will honor an Augusta University student, resident, fellow or faculty member with the best disseminated, peer-reviewed scholarship related to health sciences education research in the last calendar year. Scholarship may include products such as a published manuscript, research poster, educational curriculum, assessment measure or educational technology. Both peer and self-nominations are accepted.
Please use the scholarship criteria below to assist in your nomination:
Evidence of Scholarship: To be eligible for this award, the product submitted must meet all three of the following criteria:
- Product: Evidence of a tangible product related to health sciences education.
- Peer review: The product has been reviewed by peers through a formal (journal, MedEdPORTAL or conference, etc.) or other mechanism (letters from other institutions that have adopted your product with evidence documenting the impact at said institution).
- Public dissemination: The product has been disseminated outside of Augusta University.
To apply send an email titled “EII Research Nomination” to EDI@augusta.edu with the following information:
- Name of person being nominated (only the first author may be nominated and receive this award).
- Name of person nominating (if different from above).
- Department and phone number of nominated person
- Title of Project
- A brief statement of the contributions this scholarship project makes to health sciences education (no more than a paragraph).
Additionally, please attach a copy of the scholarship product for review. Manuscripts should be sent in the final published format (usually a pdf document). Scholarship products should be submitted in the final format in which they have been disseminated (PowerPoint, video, manual, etc.) and should contain adequate description for evaluation based on the selection criteria. If electronic attachment is not possible, please drop off a copy of the product prior to the deadline at the EII office (CJ 1020) with a printed copy of the nomination email.
The deadline for nominations is March 4. Former recipients of this award are not eligible.