Cerner’s Capacity Management Patient Flow system will be implemented hospital-wide on Dec. 15, 2015. This new electronic bed management system will greatly improve patient throughput and increase both staff and patient satisfaction.
The last day of Learning Lab will be on Dec. 14 (see below table for details). Labs will be conducted by Kelly Olson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Billy Cleveland (email@example.com). Please make every effort to attend before Go Live if your role will be affected by the new system.
Learning Lab Schedule
|14-Dec||Monday||Pavilion III||CJ 2134||8:00am – 5:00pm|
Go Live Support
The process for Go Live Support is as follows:
- Super users will be available on all shifts, all units.
- They will be identified by wearing a red “Go Live Support Button”
- Please work with super users first when questions arise
- If a super user is unable to assist or resolve the issue, please contact the Command Center at 706-721-7455
- Please note the following change in Command Center hours: the Command Center will open at 6 am on Dec. 15 and run through Dec. 22 at 11 p.m. with 24 hour a day operation
- The Project Manager and phone support resources will reside in BT 1813.
- Any changes to the Command Center schedule will be shared with Department Managers, Nurse Managers, and leadership.
- After the Command Center closes on Dec. 22 at 11 p.m., we will be transitioning to normal support. However, if there are any urgent issues we will be prepared to address them.
- Subject matter experts will also be rounding on day and evening shifts.
- Night shift subject matter experts will be available as needed.
Tutorial for Physicians
Providers will be granted read-only access to the solution to allow for patient tracking when needed. To facilitate your understanding of the solution, please see the following brief tutorial overviewing set-up and utilization of the read-only tracker.
Please contact the Help Desk at 706.721.7500 if you have any questions.
The Ambulatory clinic will not be included in this phase of go live. After the Cerner Millennium upgrade in March, 2016 a date for rolling out to the clinics will be determined.
The restraint attribute will not be utilized until it can be determined how to have it automatically added and removed.
Icons are available in the Patient Flow system that visually cue staff on details of the patient (aka “Attributes”). They can be viewed from several gadgets (Patient List, Transfer List, etc.). Most attributes are added and removed from PowerChart orders. Below are some screen shots of “attributes.”