Those recognized for their accomplishments include (left to right) Aubrey Hinkson, Clarissa Chavez, Emily Renzi, Brianne Clark, Cathleen Caldwell, Anna Aligood, and Denise Parrish.
AUGUSTA, Ga. – The Georgia Regents University Division of Communications and Marketing earned seven Target Awards, including two gold awards, from the Georgia Society for Healthcare Marketing and Public Relations during the 20th Anniversary Target Awards Luncheon at the Ritz Carlton Lodge at Reynolds Plantation on June 30.
“We are so thrilled with the number of entries that were submitted from hospitals all across the state of Georgia,” said Elizabeth Harvill, president of the GSHMPR board of professionals. “This is the one time of year when we recognize the creativity and quality of work that is being done in healthcare marketing.”
Entries in the this year’s competition were judged by the New England Society for Healthcare Communications based on creativity, layout and design, functionality, message effectiveness, production quality and overall appeal. Georgia hospitals submitted more than 185 entries in 26 various public relations, marketing, design and advertising categories.
Gold awards were presented to GRU in the following categories:
• Direct Mail – Children’s Hospital of Georgia direct mail campaign
• Fundraising – Media relations efforts for ALS Walk and ice bucket challenges
Silver awards were presented for:
• Patient/Customer Relations – GRHealth VIP Patient Portal
• Websites – GRHealth Web Redesign
• Social Media Marketing – GRHealth Your Health Matters
• Digital Advertising – Children’s Hospital of Georgia Digital Campaign
• Media Relations – Children’s Hospital of Georgia ER Open House
“All the submissions were amazing,” said Harvill. “We congratulate all those that won, and we look forward to seeing more great work next year.”
The Georgia Society for Healthcare Marketing and Public Relations is an affiliated society of the Georgia Hospital Association.