On the following dates, the University System of Georgia is offering biometric screenings and flu shots to all Augusta University employees who have medical insurance through the USG:
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 4, Butler Meeting Room of the Jaguar Student Activities Center (Deadline to register: Oct. 20)
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 9, Butler Meeting Room of the Jaguar Student Activities Center (Deadline to register: Oct. 25)
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 16, Room AB1005 of the Greenblatt Library (Deadline to register: Nov. 1)
These events are eligible for USG Well-being credits. Biometric screenings earn $50 and flu shots earn $10.
Register for an event online:
- Log into the USG Well-being platform, hosted by Virgin Pulse. You can also access USG Well-being through the “Manage My Benefits” tile in OneUSG Connect.
- Navigate to the “Programs” page.
- Change your view from “Explore” to “View all” from the top menu bar.
- Find “LabCorp Biometric Screenings” and click “Start Now.”
- The biometric screening consists of a fingerstick test for cholesterol (total, HDL and LDL), a triglycerides test, a glucose test, a blood pressure test and a body composition exam (which measures body mass index, body fat percentage, and waist circumference).
- Fasting 8 hours before the biometric screening appointment is encouraged. You should still drink water and take all prescribed medications.