On Friday, Aug. 20, part of the final improvements associated with the College of Science and Mathematics project will begin.
Please note changes to traffic and pedestrian routes on and around Goss Lane:
- The road closure on Goss Lane will be limited to the area closest to R.A. Dent Boulevard, and is necessary to construct a new signalized crosswalk on Goss Lane.
- Vehicle access will be maintained to the South Energy Plant bays from R.A. Dent Boulevard.
- Vehicle access to the Goss Lane parking deck via Wesley Gilbert Drive and Spellman Street will not be disturbed.
- Vehicle access to Lot 8 and the Carl T. Sanders Research & Education building (CB) loading dock will be via Spellman Street and through the R.A. Dent Boulevard parking deck.
- Access to R.A. Dent Boulevard from the small parking lot on the east side of the J. Harold Harrison, MD Education Commons building will be maintained.
- A section of sidewalk between Goss Lane and Lot 8 will be closed and pedestrians will be rerouted around the work zone. Temporary accessible routes will be established as shown.
For the latest information on this and other campus construction projects, please visit the Pardon Our Progress page in Jagwire.