Augusta University has announced the recipients for the institution’s 2016 Distinguished Alumni and Jag20 awards. The winners will be formally recognized during the university’s Alumni Weekend, April 28- May 1.
The following distinguished alumni will be presented awards at the Alumni Weekend Signature Event on Saturday, April 30, at 5 p.m. in the Maxwell Theatre on the university’s Summerville Campus:
- Mark Swanson, BA ‘ 93, will receive the Distinguished Alumnus and Presidential Alumnus awards for the Pamplin College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Simona Murph, EdS ’12, has been named the recipient of the Distinguished Alumna and Presidential Alumna awards for the College of Education.
- Tammi Pavey, AS ’85 and BS ’97, is set to receive the College of Allied Health Sciences’ Distinguished Alumna and Presidential Alumna awards.
- Sharukh Khajotia, PhD ’97, will receive the Graduate School’s Distinguished Alumnus and Presidential Alumnus awards.
- Brad Usry, BBA ’82, will receive the Distinguished Alumnus and Presidential Alumnus awards for the Department of Athletics.
- Karen Minyard, MSN ’79, has been named the recipient of the College of Nursing’s Phoebe Kandel Rohrer Distinguished Alumna and Presidential Alumna awards.
- Clarence Joe, MD ’77, will be presented with the Medical College of Georgia’s Distinguished Alumnus for Loyalty and Presidential Alumnus awards.
- Jennifer Mitchell-Frazier, BBA ’03 and MBA ’05, is set to receive the Distinguished Alumna and Presidential Alumna awards for the Hull College of Business.
- Louvenia Annette Rainge, DMD ’90, will be given The Dental College of Georgia’s Distinguished Aluma and Presidential Alumna awards.
- Tina Cross, BS ’77, has been named the recipient of the College of Science and Mathematics’ Distinguished Alumna and Presidential Alumna awards.
The institution’s Jag20 awards will be presented during the Alumni Weekend Farwell Brunch on Sunday, May 1, at 11:30 a.m. at The Legends Club in Augusta. This award will be given to 20 emerging alumni leaders under age 40 who have made a significant impact in their career, community, and the university. Below is a list of those recipients:
- Darron Alvord, DMD ‘10
- Summer Bell, BBA ’06, MBA ‘08
- Elizabeth Briere, MD ‘04
- Shannon Broxton, BSN ’03, MSN ‘09
- Sharon Cosper, MHS ‘06
- Mazen Fakhouri, PA-C ‘09
- Jason Fulmer, MEd ‘06
- Jay Harris, DMD ‘02
- Shauntá King, BS ’06, DMD ‘10
- Nathaniel (Nick) Klein, MS ‘09
- Marc Leduc, PA-C ‘13
- Chelsea Martin, MD ‘09
- Jay McCracken, MD ‘11
- Amish Naik, DMD ‘08
- Stacie Pettit, MEd ‘04
- Jamie Quarles, BS ’08, MS ‘13
- Jennifer Scott, BA ’01, MPA ‘06
- Brian Stansfield, MD ‘04
- Scarlett Timmons, BS ‘10
- Martha Wells, DMD ‘06
Health Center Credit Union is the presenting sponsor for Augusta University’s Alumni Weekend. Tickets for the Signature Event are $10 for alumni and $15 for non-alumni. Tickets for the Farewell Brunch are $35 per person and $55 if tickets are purchased after April 1. To purchase tickets, visit augusta.edu/alumniweekend. For additional information, contact the Office of Alumni Affairs at 706-737-1759.
In addition to Alumni Weekend, join Augusta University in celebrating the investiture of President Brooks Keel during a week of inaugural events, April 24-May 1. Visit inauguration.augusta.edu for a complete list of activities.