The Office of Volunteer Services and Community Engagement is now accepting applications for the 2019-20 Augusta University Volunteen-VolunJag Spirit of Service Scholarship.
The scholarship is awarded to high school and college volunteers who have demonstrated a strong spirit of service through their volunteer efforts at the university or Augusta University Medical Center and are committed to continuing their education at Augusta University.
The deadline to apply is Friday, March 6.
Criteria for interested applicants
- High school seniors planning to attend Augusta University or currently enrolled college students at Augusta University.
- Entering freshmen must have a high school GPA of 3.0 or better (based on a 4.0 grading scale) as a full-time high school student.
- College students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (based on a 4.0 grading scale while taking at least 12 hours of classwork). Must be eligible for continued enrollment.
- Must have served as a volunteer for a minimum of one year as a VolunTeen or VolunJag, including active participation in the summer volunteer program.
- Preference will be given to applicants who best exhibit the core characteristics of AU VolunTeen-VolunJag volunteer scholars, including:
- Strength of purpose: Perseverance, courage of conviction and willpower in pursuit of your goals.
- Service: Passion to serve your community and make an impact on others.
- Leadership: Ability to deliver results in a leadership role by organizing, rallying or inspiring others.
For more information, contact Volunteer Services and Community Engagement at 706-721-3596.