The Health System Compliance Program was created to ensure the commitment to comply with all laws, regulations, and operational policies is met. It is a proactive program which includes training workforce members to be better equipped to prevent, detect, and report illegal, unethical, or non-compliant incidents.
For the 2015 requirement, Health System employees will be assigned the following six modules within the 2015 Annual Compliance –Health System Employees course on December 22, 2015:
- A Note from Dr. Brooks Keel: Introduction to Compliance/The Cautionary Tale of Cecil the Lion
- Environmental Safety, Security, and Emergency Response
- Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
- Healthy Perspectives
- HIPAA Privacy Rule Refresher
- Information Security/Confidentiality Statement
Please note, additional , mandatory courses/modules for The Joint Commission requirements will be assigned to Health System employees at a later date following this initial compliance course assignment.
Health System employees will have 60 days to complete all assignments in this course. The deadline date for this course to be completed is February 22, 2016.
Stay tuned – Additional information about accessing compliance training will be provided to all before the initial assignment of this course.
Hands-On Learning Labs have been scheduled at the following locations on both campuses to assist employees in completing this course:
- Tuesday, January 5 University Hall (UH223) Summerville 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, January 7 Health Sciences Bldg. (EC 2216) 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, January 14 University Hall (UH129) Summerville 8:30 to 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 19 Greenblatt Library (AB 127) 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.