Augusta University is welcoming students to campus with the annual Weeks of Welcome, a schedule of special activities to help new and returning students kickstart their semester.
More than 40 events will be held between mid-August and mid-September to celebrate the new academic year, and they depend on support from volunteers in the JagNation community. Sign up online to help with housing move-in, Leap Week or other Weeks of Welcome events.
A few events on the Weeks of Welcome calendar include:
- MCG’s Got Talent — 7 p.m. Aug.12. Weeks of Welcome will kick off with an annual talent show featuring students in the Medical College of Georgia. Location: Maxwell Theatre
- Color Fun Run — 7-10 a.m. Aug.13. Campus Recreation will host its second-annual 2.25-mile fun run. Location: Jaguar Park Intramural Field (beside Oak Hall)
- Freshman Convocation — 10 a.m. to noon Aug.16. This campus tradition is hosted annually for first-year students. Location: Jaguar Student Activities Center Field
- Welcome New Jags! — 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 17. The Office of First- and Second-Year Experiences will host a welcome for freshman and transfer students. Free academic planners and campus maps will be available. Location: University Hall Lobby Front Desk (bus stop side)
- Cookout at the Lake — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 20. Campus Recreation will host a free lake day for students featuring food and games. Location: Clarks Hill Lake
- Multicultural Monday — 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 22. The Office of Multicultural Student Engagement will host its first Multicultural Monday of the semester. Students can enjoy free egg rolls from Soy Noodle House while learning how to get involved in AU’s multicultural initiatives. Location: JSAC Breezeway
- On-Campus Student Employment Fair — 2-3 p.m. Aug. 24. Departments across the university will discuss their part-time student assistant or Federal Work-Study opportunities with enrolled AU students. Location: JSAC, Dr. Roscoe Williams Ballroom
- Jaguar Madness and Welcome-Back Bash — 7 p.m. Aug. 26. This celebration will introduce our athletic teams; feature music from a live DJ; and offer glow-in-the-dark arcade, a rock-climbing wall and food trucks. Location: D. Douglas Barnard Jr. Amphitheatre and JSAC Field
- Club Fest — 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Aug. 29. Student organizations from across campus will recruit new members. Location: D. Douglas Barnard Jr. Amphitheatre
- Welcome for Military Jags — 2-4 p.m. Aug. 30. This event, hosted by Military and Veteran Services, will serve as a networking opportunity for students in the military community. Location: Washington Hall, Room 233
For the full event calendar, visit the Weeks of Welcome webpage.