Due to the unplanned electrical outage in the Sydenstricker (BI) building on Tuesday afternoon, repairs need to be made to the 480/277 volt system. On Wednesday night, December 21, Georgia Power will replace wiring on one of the emergency breakers in the Sydenstricker (BI) building. This will cause a power outage of approximately 4 hours that will shut down all of the BI elevators and some HVAC units in the Sydenstricker (BI) building. We will start at 9:30pm and conclude around 1:30am.
- This outage will affect the elevators and some HVAC units in the Sydenstricker (BI) building only
- The outage will last approximately 4 hours or less
- All BI elevators will be out of service during this outage (we will have signage on elevator landings that will say use BA & BP elevators during the outage)
- Facilities will have staff on the patient floors during the entire outage
- Hospital staff will be notified via the overhead paging system prior to the outage
- Facilities team will check and make sure all systems are back in normal operation after the outage
- If you need any assistance during the outage, please call 1-work (1-9675)