The Office of Student Life and Engagement is now accepting applications for new student organizations through Friday, Jan. 14.
To create a new organization, students should:
- Review the current list of student organizations. SLE will not duplicate any pre-existing groups.
- Select an advisor for the organization and ensure they are aware of the organization’s goals and purpose.
- Write a constitution and bylaws for the organization with the help of the advisor.
- Review and complete the new student organization packet. The advisor will need to sign the advisor agreement section.
- Email the new student organization packet to SLE.
Within five to seven days after submission, the organization’s president will receive an email from the coordinator of student organizations to complete next steps.
After the organization is approved, the president will choose a date to attend SLE’s student organization training.