Georgia Regents University, soon to be Augusta University, is inviting institutional pre-proposal applications for the Ralph E. Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Awards. GRU as a sponsoring member of Oak Ridge Associated Universities (ORAU), is eligible to submit two applications to ORAU for this award. The award is a one-year grant in the amount of $10,000, which is composed of $5,000 in funding from ORAU, $2,500 from the GRU College or Department and $2,500 from the Office of the Senior Vice President for Research. Proposals can involve research in nearly all STEM disciplines plus policy, management or education.
- Pre-proposals are due no later than close-of-business on Monday, 9 November, and should be sent electronically to John Sutherland (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- GRU faculty review panel will receive all pre-proposals and select no more than two applications to be submitted to ORAU
- Pre-proposals should consist of three components:
- A one-page abbreviated resume in PDF format, with an optional second page listing publications and/or presentations.
- A draft research proposal not to exceed 2 pages plus up to one page of references, also in PDF format. The list of items to be addressed in the proposal can be found at www.orau.org/university-partnerships/faculty-student-programs/powe/instructions-faculty.aspx
- A statement from the faculty chair or dean indicating that the $2,500 match will be covered.
- If selected for submission to ORAU, both the resume and the proposal can be edited/updated.
If you or potential candidates have questions concerning this program, please feel free to contact Dr. John Sutherland, Associate Dean Research & Graduate Studies, College of Science and Mathematics at email@example.com/
For more information on Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Awards, see www.orau.org/university-partnerships/faculty-student-programs/powe/
For general information on ORAU see www.orau.org/ .