The following information regards the PTO Buyout program for medical center hired and leased employees.
In accordance with the AU Medical Center PTO policy, all eligible employees, including leased employees, have the opportunity to be paid for a part of their Paid Time Off, or Annual Leave (leased employees) in November of this year. The PTO / Annual Leave buyout will allow employees who have a balance of at least 88 hours to be eligible to request a buyout.
The guidelines for the PTO / Annual Leave buyout are as follows:
- Hours available to be sold will be the employee’s available PTO / Annual Leave balance as of the Nov. 4 , 2016, pay check for bi-weekly hired employees and the Oct. 31 , 2016, paycheck for monthly hired employees and all leased employees.
- All employees will be required to retain an available balance of 80 hours in their PTO / Annual Leave bank, regardless of work commitment.
- Employees must request a minimum of 8 hours and may request no more than 125 hours. For employees who are impacted by the new FLSA regulation, an additional 25 hours (no more than 150 hours) may be requested.
- Hired employees will receive their buyout on Nov. 18, 2016, if on the bi-weekly payroll and Nov. 30, 2016, if on the monthly payroll. Payment will be made via direct deposit.
- Leased employees will receive their buyout on Nov. 23, 2016, if on bi-weekly payroll and Nov. 30, 2016, if on the monthly payroll. Payment will be made via direct deposit.
- If a leased employee participates in this program AND terminates within one year of the AU Medical Center buyout AND at the time of termination has an annual leave balance of 45 days (360 hours) or more, the hours paid as part of the AU Medical Center. Buyout program will be credited to the payment for accrued annual leave at the time of termination such that the total hours for annual leave paid out and accrued annual leave will not exceed 45 days (360 hours).
Requests for buyout for Bi-Weekly hired employees will be submitted through TimeNet from Nov. 1 through Nov. 12. Requests for buyout for Monthly hired employees will be submitted through TimeNet from Nov. 1 through Nov. 21. Instructions on how to submit the request for the PTO Buyout through TimeNet will be distributed at the end of October. Requests for PTO buyout for all leased employees must be handled by signing and returning the PTO Buyout form, ON or BEFORE Nov. 7, 2016. All requests must be submitted at the following email address: MCGHI_Payroll@augusta.edu. Payroll will verify all requests.
If you have any questions, please contact one of the following:
Melissa Sammons (706) 721-9226
Tammy Foster (706) 721-0210
Tammy Crawford (706) 446-3485