Today, May 6, Georgia Regents University launched PolicyTech, a new policy management system. All faculty, staff, and students can view GRU and medical center policies through the new system. To ensure faculty, staff, and students, as well as the public, can access approved university policies, all policies will still be available on a web page.
Over the last few years, we have heard the frustrations and dissatisfaction with the inefficient method of manually routing policies for review, vetting, and approval, as well as the difficulty in finding the latest approved policy. In response, we have implemented the new policy management system. PolicyTech will provide an easy and simple way to find policies through the use of a robust and easy-to-use search function. No longer will there be confusion as to which policy is the latest since the new system archives outdated policies. PolicyTech will improve the overall efficiency of the process by:
- Providing one secure and centralized place for all policies for GRU, the medical center, and practice plans
- Standardizing workflow for the routing of policies for review, vetting, feedback, and approval
- Simplifying authoring, approving, and distribution of policies
- Ensuring timely review of policies of established review cycles
- Ensuring accountability for policies by capturing attestations