Summer is a busy time of year as many divisions prepare for the return of students to campus in August. Here are several updates about parking projects and improvements in university lots:
• Construction has started on Lot 38, the site of the former Alumni Center. The work is weather dependent, with the goal of opening later this Fall. In addition, Lot 69 and 70 have been reconfigured to add 72 parking spaces on the Health Science Campus.
• A student crew has been working around campus this summer to ensure that parking information is accurate and visible. The project is removing signage with reference to legacy institutions or outdated policies, refreshing signs and striping for ADA parking areas, and ensuring lot and shuttle stop locations are clearly marked.
• The ParkMobile App has been updated with 12 campus lots where students, employees and visitors can elect to purchase a daily parking permit. The daily rate for most lots is $4.00, and permits can be scheduled in advance or upon arrival to campus. Users can download the app or click here and search for Augusta University.
• Beginning in July, the visitor lot at the Health Science Campus Student Center will provide 30 minutes of free parking between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. The parking rate is $1.00 for each additional 30 minutes. The lot will provide free parking weekdays before 8:00 am or after 5:00 pm, and on weekends.
• Student parking permits for the Fall semester are now available. Students can visit augusta.aimsparking.com to obtain their permit. Please have your license plate and payment information available in order to complete your transaction.
Feel free to contact the Parking Office for assistance at 706-721-PARK (7275).