The Augusta University Division of Communications and Marketing earned 11 Target Awards – four gold and seven silver – for outstanding advertising and promotional efforts in 2016 in support of Augusta University Health. The awards were presented during GSHMPR’s 50th Anniversary Celebration and Leadership Conference in August at Lake Oconee.
Georgia hospitals submitted hundreds of entries in over 25 PR, marketing, and advertising categories that were judged by member hospitals from the Kentucky Society for Public Relations and Marketing. Selections were based on creativity, layout and design, functionality, message effectiveness, production quality and overall appeal.
Gold awards were earned in the following categories:
- Media Relations – Paging Dr. Ballard TV segment
- Radio Advertising – Advancing the Power of You
- Web sites – Your Health Today Blog
- Writing – Jelly Belly: Pediatric Echo Re-accreditation
Silver awards were earned for:
- Billboards/Outdoor – Breast Health Center advertising
- Brochures/Printed Materials – Overall Clinical Program Materials
- External Newsletters/Magazines – Your Health Today
- Issues Management – Boil Water Advisory
- Print Advertising – Advancing the Power of You
- Physician Relations – Georgia Kids First, summer issue
- Television Advertising – Advancing the Power of You
The Georgia Society for Healthcare Marketing and Public Relations is an affiliated professional society of the Georgia Hospital Association.
Augusta University’s Division of Communications and Marketing is a shared services group that supports the university and its health system. The group has earned numerous awards and honors over the past several years for promoting the mission and vision of the university through a variety of media platforms. Read more about DCM’s award-winning work.