This mini conference, hosted from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. over the course of two days, will feature breakout sessions on higher ed-specific communications and marketing topics.
The event — which is exclusive to Augusta University students and employees — is intended for all professionals on campus who have communications and marketing responsibilities, as well as those interested in learning more about the field. The inaugural summit theme is “Amplify & Engage.”
At the summit, attendees will:
- Review best practices and trends for the communications and marketing field
- Gain a deeper understanding of how communications and marketing plays an integral role at a higher education institution
- Develop practical strategies to improve communications and marketing initiatives
- Discuss the ever-changing landscape of communications and marketing metrics and ROI
- Network with on-campus peers
Learning objectives include:
- Identifying creative ideas and innovative techniques that uphold the university’s brand
- Learning how to align resources to achieve brand awareness and preference for Augusta University or a specific college or unit
- Establishing effective strategies to champion department chairs, vice presidents, deans and other campus leaders
- Prioritizing operational effectiveness to better structure communications and marketing functions
- Using data to inform a communication strategy
“This summit will certainly be an experience like no other,” said Raysean Ricks, digital content strategist for Communications & Marketing and coordinator of the summit.
“We’re bringing in the university’s and the CSRA’s best and brightest to create a unique opportunity to share industry trends, best practices and space for networking. Our team always looks forward to providing professional development to our campus communicators, but we decided that this conference would benefit more than just our Communications Council. We encourage everyone interested in our work to attend this special event.”