On Tuesday, May 1, from 1-3 p.m., there will be a military history display put on by students in the American Military History class. It will be held in the Ballroom of the Jaguar Student Activities Center on the Summerville Campus.
Topics of the displays include:
- Psychological Warfare in Modern Times
- Civil War Military Medicine
- Britain’s Chesapeake Campaign, 1812
- Inchon (Korean War)
- Civil War Nurses
- The Army Pay Department
- Physical Therapy in the World Wars
- The Economic Impact of WW2
- Marines & Island Hopping in WW2
- Cyber Evolution
- Encryption, 1939-
- The Lost Cause
- Irregular Warfare in the American Revolution Asymmetric Warfare
- Women in the WW2 Armed Forces
- Pontiac’s War, Amherst, and the Blankets
- Mustard Gas in WW1
- Overlord – the Battle for Normandy
- Small Arms in Transition
Come out and see these historical military displays and see what our students in the Department of History, Anthropology, and Philosophy are working on!
For more information on the event, email Dr. Hubert van Tuyll or call (706)667-4565.