More than 1,200 students are expected to participate in Augusta University’s commencement exercises at 2 p.m. on May 13 in the James Brown Arena.
As part of the ceremony, the university will commission a graduating ROTC cadet into the United States Army, and the Pamplin College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences will award a posthumous degree to the family of Charles Davis, a student who died of cancer in March. Davis was a few college credits shy of earning his bachelor’s degree in history.
President Brooks Keel will serve as the commencement speaker and Board of Regents member C. Thomas Hopkins, Jr. will give remarks.
Each of the nine colleges will hold year-end ceremonies as follows:
- The Medical College of Georgia Hooding Ceremony, 2 p.m., May 12, Bell Auditorium, 712 Telfair St.
- Hull College of Business Graduation Reception, 2 p.m., May 12, North Atrium, Allgood Hall North Stairwell, Summerville Campus.
- The College of Education Commencement Celebration, 4:30 p.m., May 12, Jaguar Student Activities Center, Summerville Campus
- College of Allied Health Sciences Hooding and Honors Ceremony, 6 p.m., May 12, Bell Auditorium
- College of Graduate Studies Hooding Ceremony, 8 a.m., May 13, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 605 Reynolds St.
- Pamplin College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences Graduation Celebration, 9 a.m., May 13, Jaguar Student Activities Center Ballroom, Summerville Campus
- Dental College of Georgia Hooding Ceremony, 10 a.m., May 13, First Baptist Church, 3500 Walton Way Ext.
- College of Science and Mathematics Graduation Reception, 10 a.m., May 13, Science Hall Atrium
- College of Nursing Convocation, 10 a.m., May 13, Augusta University Christenberry Fieldhouse.
For more information on Augusta University’s commencement, visit augusta.edu/graduation/