Augusta University Health is partnering with NavCare to deliver tailored care plans for patients with chronic health conditions. NavCare, based in Augusta, is a care management organization that specializes in providing Chronic Care Management (CCM) and Transitional Care Management (TCM) services throughout the United States to patients as an extension of their physician’s practice.
Chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes and obesity are projected to affect nearly half of the U.S. population by 2025, and it is incumbent upon providers to help patients more effectively manage these chronic conditions.
NavCare will provide comprehensive CCM and TCM services at AU Health, helping providers improve care quality by:
- Engaging in patient outreach and education to reduce admissions and readmissions.
- Leveraging the NavCare clinically certified team who follow evidence-based protocols.
- Ensuring continuity of care for the patient.
- Providing structured data recording and clinical summaries with special EHR technology.
- Offering care management and software services that support value-based initiatives.
The NavCare team will be embedded to help AU Health patients manage conditions and medications; arrange needs such as transportation and home-based services; and coordinate continuity of care with all the patient’s physicians and specialists.
As a pioneer in Patient- and Family-Centered Care, adding chronic care and transitional care management services is another way that AU Health is equipping patients and families with the tools they need to better understand and manage chronic conditions through carefully coordinated care.