This year, the Augusta University family supported Day of Service as never before. More than 1,000 volunteers fanned out across more than 50 project sites across the area.
Here are just a few of the many highlights:
- More than 30 pints of blood were donated
- 10,156 meals were packaged by students during Battle Against Hunger
- Butterfly gardens were planted to benefit the 200 students who visit the Literacy Center each week
- More than 20 dogs and cats were loved on at the Aiken and Augusta animal shelters
- A new fire pit and new benches were built to benefit the thousands of Girl Scouts who enjoy Camp Tanglewood each year
- More than 20 members of the RECing Crew’s adaptive basketball league learned new basketball moves from the men’s basketball team
It’s hard to relate the heart of an effort like this with bullet points, so check out the video above for a closer look at some of the events, view photos of our volunteers in action and don’t forget to save the date – Nov. 3, 2018 – for the next Day of Service.