Study Abroad’s Annual Photo Contest is currently accepting submissions from student travelers!
To enter, submit your best photos from a 2016-2017 Study Abroad program to firstname.lastname@example.org. Study Abroad will accept submissions until Tuesday, Oct. 17 at 11:59 p.m. Entries must be submitted digitally.
Afterward, visit the Study Abroad Facebook page from Oct. 23-Nov. 8 at 8 a.m. for a chance to vote for your favorite photo.
Each winner will receive $100. Runners up in each category will receive $25 in JagCash. Students are allowed to win in multiple categories.
Contest categories include:
- Culture: Does the photograph show the viewer anything about the country’s local people, cultures, or traditions?
- Landscape/Nature: Does the photograph show distinctive landmarks, cityscapes, landscapes, or wildlife unique to the country? In other words, can you tell you are in a different country?
- Jaguars Abroad: Does the photograph show a student, or students, experiencing the culture, interacting with locals, or exploring their new environment? This category includes study abroad selfies.
- Facebook Contest Winner: Winner will be the photo with the most “Likes” on Facebook.
Submissions must include a scanned, signed copy of the entry form, available here. (If the student is unable to scan the signed entry form, then it may be physically submitted to the Study Abroad Office. Entries are ineligible until we have the completed entry form.
All entries must be an original photograph taken by the student or featuring students while participating in a Study Abroad program from the past calendar year.
Photos should be representative of the student’s study abroad experience and country, and be relevant to one of the above mentioned categories.
Email submissions must include the photograph, the name of the photograph, and the name of the student submitting the photograph in the subject.
Students may submit up to two entries per category.
Submitted photos may be used to promote the Study Abroad Office at Augusta University.
Study Abroad reserves the right to disqualify submissions that:
- Violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright
- Contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- Photo Submissions Begin: August 24, 2017
- Deadline to Submit Photos: October 17, 2017 by 11:59pm
- Facebook Contest Voting Begins: October 23, 2017
- Facebook Voting Ends: November 8, 2017 at 8:00am
- Winners Announced: November 8 at International Festival
- Visit the Study Abroad Photo Contest page for more information.