Augusta University has announced the recipients for the institution’s 2017 Distinguished Alumni and Jag20 awards. The winners will be formally recognized during the university’s Alumni Weekend, April 28- April 30.
The following distinguished alumni will be presented awards during the festivities:
- Patrick Clayton, MPA ’04, will receive the Distinguished Alumnus Award for the Pamplin College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Paulette Harris, BA ’71, MEd ’74, EdS ’95, has been named the recipient of the Distinguished Alumna award for the College of Education.
- David Bachand, BS ‘94, is set to receive the College of Allied Health Sciences’ Distinguished Alumnus award.
- Kevin Osteen, PhD ’80, will receive The Graduate School’s Distinguished Alumnus award.
- Ben Allen, BA ‘75, will receive the Distinguished Alumnus award for the Department of Athletics.
- Marguerite Kearney, MSN ’77, has been named the recipient of the College of Nursing’s Phoebe Kandel Rohrer Distinguished Alumna award.
- Pamela Cromer, MSN ’88, DNP ’09, will receive the College of Nursing’s E. Louise Grant Distinguished Alumna award.
- Mason P. Thompson, MD ’73, will be presented with the Medical College of Georgia’s Distinguished Alumnus for Loyalty award.
- Walter J. Curran, Jr., MD ’82 will receive the Medical College of Georgia Distinguished Alumnus for Professional Achievement award.
- Paul Goebel, BBA ’75, is set to receive the Distinguished Alumnus award for the Hull College of Business.
- Karyn Stockwell, DMD ’82, will be given The Dental College of Georgia’s Distinguished Aluma award.
- Fred M. Hawkridge, PhD ’71, has been named the recipient of the College of Science and Mathematics’ Distinguished Alumnus award.
The institution’s Jag20 awards will be presented during the Alumni Weekend Farewell Brunch on Sunday, April 30, at 11:30 a.m. at The Legends Club in Augusta. This award will be given to 20 emerging alumni leaders under age 40 who have made a significant impact in their career, community, and the university. Below is a list of those recipients:
- Amber Berryman, BS ‘08
- Jason Blanchard, BBA ‘01
- Daniel Browning, BA ‘13
- Terrill Flakes, BS ’14, MPH ‘16
- Kelsey Folks, BA ‘13
- Ryan Fulchi, DMD ‘10
- Emily Hahn, DMD ’13, MS ‘16
- Danielle Harris, BA ’07, MEd ‘11
- Jason Holt, EdS ‘13
- Pardon Ndhlovu, MBA ‘15
- Joe Newton, BS ‘02
- Alyssa Paetau, BS ’02, MD ‘07
- Rebecca Paquin, DMD’12
- Jessica Perry, BBA ‘05
- Elizabeth Prince-Coleman, PA-C ‘13
- Matt Rudy, MD ‘10
- Erin Scott, PhD ‘16
- April Weaver, BBA ‘02
- Beau Worthington, BA ‘05
- Timber Wages, PA-C ‘13
Tickets for the Farewell Brunch are $35 per person and $55 if tickets are purchased after April 14. To purchase tickets, visit augusta.edu/alumniweekend. For additional information, contact the Office of Alumni Affairs at 706-737-1759.