Augusta University Director of Athletics Clint Bryant received the Distinguished Service Award at the Black History Month Faculty Recognition Celebration on Friday, Feb. 26 in the JSAC Ballroom on the Summerville Campus.
The Black History Month Faculty Recognition Celebration was the closing ceremony for the various Black History Month events taking place in February at Augusta University. All told, 13 faculty from a wide spectrum of backgrounds and fields were selected to be honored for 2016.
An additional award was proposed to highlight an individual whose efforts and selfless dedication on behalf of Augusta University have helped to shape the future of the institution and who has been a trailblazer and inspiration for the next generation. This award was open to a faculty or staff member. Unanimously, Clint Bryant was the choice for the Distinguished Service Award.
Sponsored by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion and with support from the Office of the Provost and the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs, the event sought to recognize the best and brightest African-American faculty who are making significant contributions not only to our university, but to the nation and world as well.
A few months ago, a request was submitted to each of the nine college deans to nominate faculty member(s) from each of the colleges who they felt best represented the ideals of the university for their field. Criteria to consider for making their choice(s) were:
• Years of service to the university
• Important contributions they have made
• Whether or not they are nationally recognized in their field of study
• They exemplify the values of Augusta University (Collegiality, Compassion, Excellence, Inclusivity, Integrity, and Leadership).
BHM Faculty Recognition Celebration – 2016 Honorees
- Dr. Candace Best – College of Science and Mathematics
- Dr. Michelle Bryan – College of Nursing
- Shena Gazaway – College of Nursing
- Darrell Gentry – The Dental College of Georgia
- Dr. Suzanne Hall- Pamplin College
- Dr. Joseph Hobbs- Medical College of Georgia
- Deltrye Holt- College of Science and Mathematics
- Dr. Betty Pace – Medical College of Georgia
- Dr. Lester Pretlow – College of Allied Health Sciences and the Graduate School
- Anthony Robinson- Hull College of Business
- Dr. Judith Stallings – College of Allied Health Sciences
- Dr. Lovoria Williams – College of Nursing
- Dr. Seretha Williams – Pamplin College