As a Georgia Regents Medical Center (GRMC) benefits eligible employee, you may experience a qualifying life event (QLE) which would warrant a change in your benefits.
These events include: Marital status changes (marriage, divorce, legal separation), birth, legal guardianship, adoption, death of a dependent, change in employment status of you or your spouse or
covered dependents losing their eligibility status.
How do you change your benefits when experiencing a change event?
- Within 30-days of the event, compete a Benefits Change form.
- Submit supporting documentation of the life change event (along with the Change form)
to GRMC Benefits
- Example(s) of supporting documentation
- Marriage-Marriage License or Certificate
- Divorce-Final Divorce Decree
- Legal Separation-Legal Separation document
- Death-Death Certificate w/seal
- Birth-Birth Certificate or Proof of Live Birth (accepted within 30 days of
- Change in employment status for you or your spouse
What else needs to be updated?
It is extremely important to review your beneficiary designation periodically and especially
during change events in your life.
Beneficiary designation to Basic Life & ADD:
- This can be accomplished by manually filling out a Beneficiary Change form or
- By logging in to Employee Self Service (ESS) and updating your beneficiaries
Valic Beneficiary designation:
- This can be accomplished by manually filling out a VALIC Beneficiary Form or
- By logging in to VALIC at www.valic.com and updating beneficiaries online